Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mussel Shells & Lusterware, and works in progress



The 'Mussel Shells & Lusterware' still life is ready for framing, and I have two works in progress here. These are each in different stages. The little 6 by 10 inch 'Cherries In a Teacup' is still quite rough, but the gray Pastelbord has been completely covered. I will continue layering and refining to finish it. The portrait, 'Ella & The Cosmos', whose detail I'm showing here, is much larger, at 16 by 20 inches. There is still a lot of bare gray board showing, with some of my early, sketchy layers, but the face is much further along.





I am busily and excitedly preparing for a one-person show this fall, at The Firehouse Center For The Arts in Newburyport, Massachusetts. More on that later!

6 comments:

hbedrosian said...

Three beautiful pieces, Liz! I love the lighting in 'Mussel Shells & Lusterware'.

Elizabeth A Patterson said...

Thanks Holly!
Can you tell my favorite spots for still life set-ups are an east window in the morning and a west window in the afternoon?

Dianna Wallace Soisson said...

Hey Liz! It's been awhile since we've spoken! I love the warmth of the wood in the Mussels and Lusterware piece. You handled that beautifully.
Good luck on your show. Please keep us all posted.

Elizabeth A Patterson said...

Hi Dianna! Thank you. Those boards were taken out of an unfinished part of my 110 year old house in the process of making a new studio space!

Kendra said...

Wonderful new works. The pencil work has such a nice soft feel and I love the backgrounds and the looseness of the pencil strokes. Maybe I can get to your show!

Elizabeth A Patterson said...

Thanks so much Kendra, and I hope you can visit Newburyport and see the show!