Friday, January 9, 2009

Pizzelle On A Pedestal... more progress



Yes, I'm still working on this one. The two stacked pizzelle are taking shape, as is the creased and rumpled linen. I really like the varied textures of the still life elements here; the delicate crispness of the cookies, the glazed weight of the pottery, and the soft linen, which has been reminding me of snowdrifts. The lace trim hanging in the air will add a nice dimensional touch while emphasizing some depth under the table.

(detail) 16"x20", colored pencil on Pastelbord

6 comments:

Chantell Van Erbe said...

This is beautiful, Liz. The color of the pitcher contrasting against the Pizzelle is just fabulous.

Debbi said...

Hi Liz, I was wondering what you've been up to! I also like the fact that the textures of the lace and pizzelle play off of each other. Also love the color scheme.

Elizabeth A Patterson said...

Chantell, thank you!
Even though this piece is starting to feel like the never-ending story, I am enjoying the work. This post's image is scanned, and I notice that the pitchers' colors are a bit off. I think the previous post shows them more accurately... leaning toward robin's egg blue.

Elizabeth A Patterson said...

Hi Debbi, and thank you!
I'm sure that lace is going to have me pulling my hair out, but hopefully the results will be worth it!

Gillian Mowbray said...

Exquiste work, Liz. Those pizelles fascinate me as we have nothing like them here that I know of. They make a perfect juxtaposition to the lacework. Love all the textures going on here. x

Robyn Sinclair said...

I loved your original pizelles too, Liz. The detail in this lace is fantastic. Amazing.